Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In a Perfect World...

I feel we would all ride dinosaurs to work! Traffic jams would be much more interesting! This is a little doodle I started about a week ago, and have cleaned up and finished.

The original cleaned up sketch!

And the shiny finished piece!
Click it to make it bigger!

I was trying something different with this. I wanted a more realistic coloring job than usual. No cell shading, or lack of shading at all. I also worked with a limited pallet of colors, choosing four and working with various blends, shades and values of them. I used the marker tool (Something I rarely use) and 'painted' it, giving it a really different look. I wanted the colors to be unified and compliment each other. Although looking at it now, I probably should have gone with a warmer background, there's a lot of blue in there....

This is one thing I wish I HAD gone to art school for- advanced color theory and shading. In general I don't really support art schools. They cost a lot of money, for skills one can usually learn from doing and practice. Guidance on some of the harder to grasp principles would be nice though...

~~Brunn~~


1 comment:

Sharg said...

Awesome! Love your articles on games!