Friday, March 23, 2012

Butterfly in the Sky...

So I'm sitting here watching Reading Rainbow while I type this. Yes, you read that right!

Take a look, it's in a book!

For those of you who don't know, Reading Rainbow was a children's show that ran from from 1983 to 2006. It was hosted by LeVar Burton, and it featured at least one full story book that was read (Complete with the illustrations that had been animated!) other related interesting information, and book recommendations by young kids. The series was fantastic and really encouraged children to read. It's always been one of my favorites, and I've desperately been trying to get my hands on it for years. Matt got it for me last night! So excited!



So yeah, it's been a pretty fantastic past couple of days! It's been pouring rain all week, my favorite type of weather. I love dreary cloudy days! On Monday, the package I'd been waiting on came in.


Meet Duffy the dog and Rafferty the bear. I ordered them from the GUND website a few days after winning Cosmo, the cat in the center. I'd highly recommend all of these, and any, GUND plushies. They're all very high quality and all of them have a lot of character!

On top of the rain, plushies, and fantastic TV shows, I completed a puzzle too! Just a little 500 piece bear puzzle. But I had a ton of fun doing it. I think I like the smaller puzzles better then the larger ones. They're quick to do, so you get to do more of them. Maybe I'm just a puzzle wuss?

I was rushing to finish it Wednesday afternoon before work; I worked on it until the last possible second and-


So close and yet so far! I was grumpy the whole drive to work (It takes about 15-20 minutes), as I was nearly done! Between going to the store after work, cleaning the kitchen and cooking dinner, I didn't get the time to finish it up either.

But Thursday morning I spent my time putting in the last few pieces, digging around through the closet for mod podge (I gave up and eventually went and bought some) and getting it glued. Going to go hang it in the living room with the rest of puzzles in a bit! It turned out so pretty!

Well, despite the terrible photo!

I also finished up Brandon Sanderson's The Well of Ascension last night- stayed up till 3:30 in the morning doing so. Totally worth it though, the book was fantastic. It's the second of his 'Mistborn' series, and I'll be tearing into the third later today. He's by far my favorite author of all time- he blew all the others I fancy out of the water!

So anyway, here's hoping this streak of fantastic-ness continues!

~~Brunn~~

PS- And here's a picture of my cat! :3


1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Taco looks happy in the sunshine.

I often enjoy stitching smalls...the "instant" satisfaction can be very gratifying. I don't know why puzzles would be any different.

Hell, even I enjoyed Reading Rainbow when you were growing up watching it!