Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's coming....


And it's taking FOREVER. I've been hard at work on my current illustration project, so I've not been in a blog updatey mood. Not a whole lot has been going on here recently anyway.

I'm seriosuly stepping up my art game with this piece though. It's coming out soooooo well. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about my art. I have a lot of regret I let it fall to the wayside for so long. If I can draw this well now, how good would I be if I'd been working on it for the past 4 years? It's kind of mind boggling. I mean, I did art for class. I did several sets of costume designs. And I never stopped doodling. But full on, focused finished works were not something I took the time to produce. I almost wish I'd gone to art school. Almost... (Art schools aren't real great after all!) 

I'm considering perhaps venturing further into the art world some day. I'd really like to maybe be able to make a little money off of my talents. I've always wanted to be do illustrations for books, especially children's books. One of my professors in college, Judith, really seemed to think this could be a viable career option for me. Maybe I'll look into it?

For now I'm just working on making art. It's slow going as I'm learning a new medium and programs, and building up my drawing and coloring stamina again. I used to be able to color for literally hours and hours on end- not so much right now! I'm also looking into buying an inexpensive laptop, something with a large screen, very light in weight, and lots of memory, with which to do art on. It'd be very, very nice to not have to be tethered to the desktop at all times. I'd love to be able to go over to a coffee shop, or the library, or my grandparents house and work there. I need to get used to working in public anyway! We'll see!

As I'm off work tomorrow, I'll be heading down to Barnes and Noble to look at their art books. I'd like to see about finding some that will help with with my techniques and grasp of the digital art programs. Can't wait!

~~Brunn~~

No comments: