Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow!

Howdy to my new followers! I'll pop by your blogs soon and say hello! Thanks for following!

For the past few nights I've been going to bed with visions of tomato plants, and cucumber vines dancing in my head... Hey, it's past Christmas! The sugar plums have moved on. Anyway, I've been so excited since I made up my mind to try and grow some veggies this season, and it's been so warm recently. With the temperature outside being in the 60's and 70's for the past few weeks despite it being winter, I'd even remarked to Matt that if this holds for the rest of the season, I may as well start planting now! And almost as if mother nature was spiting me for my comment, it decided to snow last night!


Not a ton of snow, just some heavy flurries for a couple of hours. It covered the roofs and the grass, but the concrete was still too warm for it to stick there. I was still giddy with excitement!

You see, I love snow. Like, a lot. I'm not really sure why, as snow usually seems to exist just to be of great annoyance to everyone. I think memories of snow days from school, going out to play in it, sitting inside and watching it come down and cover everything in a layer of white, drinking hot cocoa.... I'm pretty sure those little wintry vacations filled my head with unreasonable expectations of snowy awesomeness! Because this is usually what happens:


This is not wintry awesome. This is me freezing my tail off trying to get my car out of the snow! Not nearly as enjoyable as building a snow man!

What's worse is my absolute terror of ice, which has a tendency to show up in the wake of snow. I have no balance what so ever. If there's ice on the street, it's as insurmountable for me as a sheer cliff- I just have no way to get past it. Patches of slippery ice others will stroll right over are like death traps for me- I walk across them at a snails pace, slipping and sliding, and horrified the entire time. I once spent nearly ten minutes trying to walk slowly across a short path to get to the bus... which pulled away before I could get to it, leaving me standing in the middle of an ice patch for no reason!

So honestly, I don't know why I like snow so much! But I am always sad when it melts the next day.

~~Brunn~~

3 comments:

Daffycat said...

If it has to snow the least it can do is stay off the roads. I liked snow lots better when I was a SAHM and didn't have to go out in it.

And This Little Pig said...

Must say love your Bear-Goat!
LiBBiE in Oz

Stitching Noni said...

Hello! Love your drawings - you are very clever. Look forward to reading more of blog :o)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/