Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rave at 3 AM...

I was up till 3:30 in the morning last night...

Doing this:


Okay, I wish I had been attending a rave with my cat and fish! That would have been much cooler then what I was actually doing, which was this:


Or drawing this, rather. Matt got me a paint program for my computer, and since we already have tablets, I've been working on drawing again. I used to be quite the artists, even considered going to college. Glad I didn't though, I would have DESPISED the art classes there I learned later. Anyhoo, I went through a  rather serious bout of depression the last few years in college, and between that and my new found World of Warcraft addiction, I did very little drawing. I've been having fun with it again though! It's nice to be getting back to drawing even if it is extremely frustrating for me sometimes. I think I'll pick up an anatomy book soon and really try and get back into it- it's been so long since I've seriously drawn I'm pretty rusty.

I went to the grocery store yesterday to pick up some stuff we needed. I love having a Walmart Neighborhood Market nearby. I still get the fairly inexpensive groceries, without having to go to the massive overcrowded Walmart. While I was there I picked this up for Taco.


She was disappointingly unimpressed. She batted the mouse around for a bit, more because it has a short string tail then anything else. And she snuffled at the catnip bag for a few minutes, but wasn't very interested. The catnip inside must be super weak, as Taco LOVES catnip. We'd found an old bag full of catnip in the pet cabinet at home that I took home with us; she climbed up onto the bookshelf to get it down by herself! This stuff must be ancient and she could still smell it. But that catnip toy... not so much...

Ah well. It's the thought that counts I suppose!

In other news my parents are coming down tomorrow! I'm very excited. Dad's able to make it down this time, and they're going to buy us a proper dining room table and chairs for Christmas! SO EXCITED! I was thrilled at the idea of being able to eat in the dining room, or have little dinner parties, but the table and chairs we have... They're a cheap black card table set with four foldout chairs. Super uncomfortable, and it shakes wildly at the smallest bump, meaning you can't set drinks down and cut your food up, or anything. It's also JUST small enough that I can't fit some of my puzzles on it :(

I'll snap some pictures of it when we get it here and all set up! It's gonna be so awesome!

~~Brunn~~

No comments: