Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Puzzle Conundrum and a Missing Turtle

Taco's Turtle has vanished! I looked all over for that thing this morning to stuff more catnip in it, and it's simply disappeared! Last I saw it was tossing it into the bedroom, but it's not there now, nor under of around anything in the bedroom. Matt and I searched the house, but couldn't locate it- We have a missing turtle on our hands!!

In other news, I'm having an issue with my new table. No, no- it's nothing wrong with the table. It's a problem with what I want to do ON the table! See I have this puzzle...


This is Contentment by Sunsout, a 1000+ jigsaw puzzle. The art's by Nicky Boehme- you should google her, her artwork is simply gorgeous. I'd love to have some prints framed and hung up. (Thankfully, she's done art for lots of puzzles!!) See, I love jigsaw puzzles, and I'd fallen in love with this image. When I came across it in the store, I just HAD to have it! I've had this puzzle for nearly a year now, sitting in the closet. Why? Because it is gianormous.

This thing is 27x35 inches, and was way too big for our card table. I found that out the hard and thoroughly disappointing way after I'd gotten much of the edges put together! It's one of the reasons I've been foaming at the mouth for nice new dining room table, and why it had to be bigger then the card table. I've desperately been wanting to do this puzzle for months and now is my chance!

I broke that sucker out yesterday and in between cooking dinner, I sorted out most of the edge pieces (I always miss a few and have to go find them later) and started putting it together. Now seeing as this is our dining room table, I opted to put it together on one of my puzzle mats, that way I'd be able to roll it up and stow it away at dinner time! It would be perfect! Well I didn't get very far on it last night and when I sat down to work on it a bit this morning, this is what I discovered-


There is no way on earth it's going to fit on that puzzle mat! In fact, it'll be nearly as big as our brand new table! So now I'm faced with a conundrum- it's going to take me a while to put this puppy together. It is over a thousand pieces after all! But I'll have to do it on the table itself, as it's the only way it'll fit. But then my table will be out of commission for things like eating on... and we just got it! But I've been waiting so long to put this puzzle together and it's the main reason I wanted a table so badly!

...

Screw it, I'm doing my puzzle!!

~~Brunn~~

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

That is a pretty puzzle! You better work fast in case you get company for dinner...