Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ham and Eggs!

If you haven't realized by now, I LOVE to cook! And I'm always hunting for new recipes. I even have an account on All Recipes.com, a place where everyday cooks can post their recipes, and people can comment, rate and offer alterations to them. Matt and I have found some fantastic recipes on there, like Herb Roasted Pork or Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole. Even companies such as Prego and Campbell's have recipes posted to it, and the recipes along with how-to articles and videos make it a fantastic resource. If you like to cook, cvheck it out!

On the front page, All Recipes always links a video, often one from The Food Wishes Blog. I LOVE this blog as well, the videos are informative and easy to follow, and there's always a recipe posted along with it. It's so nice to be able to read the recipe then watch how it's done!

A few days ago this was the posted video:



Now doesn't that just look scrumptious? And so easy too! I watched that just after having had a delicious Christmas ham dinner at a friends house, and after the double whammy of video and noms, I bought a ham the next day to cook! Well, we had a ham dinner last night, so guess what we made for breakfast?


It was just as easy to make as it looks in the video! In fact, the hardest part was cutting the ham into even slices that weren't too thick... Some of them were a little thinner on one side then the other, so the eggs kept trying to escape off one side!


As you can see the egg stays stuck on the ham, and it's all perky and delicious! The egg doesn't get all gummy and overcooked at all! (Actually we let them run a tad long for my liking, I prefer the yolks to be super runny!) This recipe is definitely a keeper, and is way easier and less hassle then cooking everything separately. Mmm-mmm good!

In other news, I start my new job as a page at the library today. I'm really nervous, more for having to travel to the downtown library by myself then the actual job. I thought Matt was going to be able to run me over there for the paperwork, but that fell through. Now I have to drive all the way into downtown, find a parking garage and pay for it, walk to the library just for 15 minutes of darn new hire paperwork, then walk back to the car, and drive to Belle Isle to start work... I don't understand why they don't realize that it's a huge inconvenience to do anything in downtown if you aren't already down there. No parking, and construction and one way streets EVERYWHERE. Oh well, it's only for one day. Just hate the idea of walking around out there by myself.

~~Brunn~~

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Oooo, yummy looking breakfast! This was a great way to start the day.

I hope your new job went well today! *hugs*