Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Apartment! Squee!

So it's been a while since my last post. Between driving back and forth between Oklahoma City and Stillwater, packing up the old apartment, constantly sleeping in a new location every couple of days... I was so stressed out that I just haven't felt like posting. Nothing much has been going on anyway besides being called in for interviews at the local libraries- but I'll post about all that business later. For now- NEW APARTMENT! Lots of pictures ahead!

First off, we'll start in the living room. It and the dining room are the most cluttered still, with odds and ends that haven't gotten put away yet, and boxes with the video game consoles, games and cords still lying about. I wanted to wait and set those up until we have the time to sit down and bundle all the cords and wipe down the consoles and surfaces.... Mucho Dusty!

Click the pictures to get a bigger one if you want!


Yes, that's our laundry basket full of alcohol... And those are my sad little puzzles- nowhere near enough to actually cover the wall space in there, but I had to put something up. The blank white walls were driving me crazy!


The black box on the wall is a TV reciever thingy that Matt got from a friend at work who upgraded to cable. We still don't know if it works, as there's something wrong with the software on the TV. Every time we open the menu to set up the darn thing, the TV locks up! 0.o


Outside the blinds is the patio space. It's rather spacious as patios in apartments go I suppose. It has a screen door and a sliding glass door, and is as wide as the blinds are in the pictures. You can see off into the parking lot- we're the apartment right on the end corner of the building, so we're fantastically close to the cars, and the dumpsters when taking the trash out!


Here's a shot down the hallway- that's the loveseat to the right. See my little window with bars in the kitchen? That's so I can feel like I'm trapped in there I guess. LOL. Actually, the middle bar is snapped in half, we have to put that in our checklist report thing we have to turn in!


Here's our sad little undecorated dining room. We plan on getting a nice wooden table and chairs soon, but until then we have the card table with the wobbly leg. I've got a nice a nice tablecloth for it, but I wanted to wash it before I put it on. I can't wait to get some kitcheny type wall accouterments to put up!! There's also a wall clock going on the wall in here, but I haven't come across the finishing nails yet....




Our new kitchen- Not as much counter space as I'd like, but it'll do. I despise my electric stove though. It's going to take so much getting used too. It was not fun trying to cook eggs this morning... But the storage in here is amazing compared to what we did have, so overall I'm a happy camper!


This is the bathroom/ laundry room you can see at the end of the hallway. To the right in the picture is the counter, sink, and toilet, and around that little corner on the right is the smallest shower in the world! I need to get a shot of it with Lance standing in there. The sprayer would come to about mid chest on him, so anyone actually using it would have to squat down. I figure we'll use it only for extra storage, and right now I have spare hangers hanging on the shower rod.


If you go down the hallway and make a right, the door right in front of you leads into the second bedroom, or the computer room. The hallway is a weird little collision of doorways at the end of it.... Anyway, it's super nice having the computers and desks and bookshelves in a separate room from our bed. Now if someone wants to sleep and the other wants to stay on the computer, we can! It also keeps the bedroom much cooler as we don't have computers and bodies in there heating it up.


This is the view looking back from the desks. A fairly spacious closet with glass sliding doors, and my bookshelves, which are already crammed full. Will need more soooooon! The little inset corner where the brown bookshelf is between the doorway and the closet may be where I put Mage's tank. I haven't picked a space yet, and I want him in the computer room, as that's honestly where Matt and I spend most of our free time. I'd hate for Mage to get Lonely!


Just to the right of the door to the laundry room, and to the left of the door into the computer room, is the door into the bedroom. It's still a little bare right now as well. We were thinking wallscrolls and posters in here. There's the Record of Lodoss War wallscroll Katelyn bought me years ago! Thanks Hokey! I still loves it!


Here's the bed- nevermind the two different comforters. Matt and I both prefer to burrito separately when we sleep, and most of the bedding is bits and pieces that he or I brought from home or that we've picked up over the last 3 years. We'll be buying two matching full comforters and such for ourselves soon! Notice all the lamps so far? NONE of the rooms but the kitchen, dining room, and both bathrooms have any lighting at all. Just plugs hooked up to the light switches. The first thing we had to do was buy two more floor lamps. We already had one for the living room, but we needed one for the two bedrooms.


My poor Jack poster Matt got me for Christmas two years ago. It's a bit worse for wear now, after hanging for so long, taken down and rolled up....


And last but not least, the Master Bathroom. It's an interesting space. Very bare right now, we need two rugs for in here and a toilet seat cover; our other bathroom was so small there was no point in having them before.


There is no medicine cabinet, just the full wall mirror. We're going to get permission to put up an inexpensive one in here above the plugs perhaps... something at least to store medicines and stuff... Until then the counter shall be cluttered!

So that's everything! The entire apartment! I love it so much, we're both so much happier to be outta that dirty, dingy, tiny little thing we had in Stillwater. Now we have room to really make a home for ourselves. Stuff is still kinda cluttered here and there, but we're working on it. There's a lot of storagey type things I need to buy so we can properly put things away- like plastic boxes to put foods and things into since the cabinets are so deep in places. And of course, there's so weird stuff, like the faucet handle being REALLY loose. But that stuff'll get fixed. Realy, I could hardly be happier with what we've got, it's fantastic!

Squee!

~~Brunn~~

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

The photos look awesome! I'm really surprised how big your bathroom is! BOTH of them are bigger than my main bath!